Chiva Falls Loop Ride, near Tuscon
Plan for between two and four hours of ride time (about 12 miles round-trip) and make sure to bring two water bottles and a snack to eat at the waterfall (and have some water in the car for when you get back).
Driving time to the ride start is around half an hour and also note that since the last 7 miles are on dirt I'd recommend some kind of truck or utility vehicle for the drive. I've driven there in a CRX, but I'm not saying it was good for the car.
Also bear in mind that Chiva Falls is in sunlight in late morning to shortly past noon, which is more conducive to a quick wade in the pool and drying on the rocks afterwards.
The start is located at the north side of this parking lot.
2. Head down the jeep trail.
3. You will encounter a technical downhill portion.
4. After 2.3 miles you will see Chiva Tank on your left. Continue.
5. Soon after you will come to a junction in the road, stay right.
6. After another mile, you will come to a junction with another road, turn left over the cattle guard.
7. You will immediately see a corral on your right and come to another junction. Stay right at this junction.
8. You will soon cross a wash, stay right on the road.
9. In another half of a mile you will come to a Y junction in the road. Turn left here to end up at Chiva Falls.
10. At the falls turn around and head out.
11. You will again cross the wash, stay left on the road.
12. Stay right at the next junction.
13. At the next Y junction turn right. (This is the beginning of the loop back. If you want to go straight back to your vehicle, go left here and trace back the same way you came.)
14. Follow this trail until you hit Redington Road.
15. Turn left onto Redington and ride downhill to the parking lot on the left.
How to get there: